The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of our Policies and describe how We collect, use, store, and share information about you through our online interfaces (e.g., websites and mobile applications) owned and controlled by us (collectively referred to herein as the "Platform").
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you access the Platform, we collect Personal Data provided by you or via a third party either when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, book a tutor for a ward, community or school, accept requests to go provide service in school, community or a location, sign-up for e-mail updates, participate in our public forums, send us an e-mail or SMS messages, and/or receive or share contents or other Services on the Platform. We may also receive Personal Data when you access or log in to a third-party site, e.g., Facebook, from the Platform. This may include the text and/or images of your Personal Data available from the third-party site. We may use the Personal Data that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific Tutor and/or Services you select, send you updates about Content and services on the Platform, and send you e-mail messages about the Platform maintenance or updates
The following information is what We collect when you access the Platform-
- Profile data, such as your name, username, e-mail address, location, and phone number;
- Technical information, such as the type of mobile device and internet browser you use, your computer IP address, data about the pages you access, mobile device ID or unique identifier, statistics on page views, standard Web log data, still and moving images, etc.;
- Marketing data, such as users' feedback; and
- Usage data, such as time spent on Our application, when the application was opened, device data, and learning statistics (time spent learning, lessons viewed, test scores, etc.).
- In a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the platform may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We will only use your data for the purpose for which We collected it. Below are some ways we use Your Personal Data:
IDENTIFY AND PROVIDE THE RIGHT SERVICE/CONTENT FOR YOU: We use information relating to your use of the Platform to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of our users' collective characteristics and behavior and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Platform. This enables us to create the Content most relevant to you and to improve Our Services generally
- MANAGE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US: We use Personal Data that you provide to us in order to allow you to register as a new user, access and use the Platform, and in order to provide any information, products, or services that you request from us.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND SECURITY: We use Personal Data to ensure the security of the Platform and our Services. We use Personal Data to manage risk or detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal. We may use Personal Data to provide technical support to you, where required.
- COMMUNICATION UPDATES: We use Personal Data collected when you sign-up for our various SMS, e-mail, or any update services to send you the messages in connection with the Platform or Content Offerings. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so. When you send us an e-mail message or otherwise contact us, we may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication and/or as described in this Privacy Notice. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you where we are legally entitled to do so. Where we send you e-mails, we may track how you interact with these e-mails (such as when you open an e-mail or click on a link inside an e-mail). We use this information to optimize and better tailor our communications to you.
- IDENTITY VERIFICATION: For Services that require identity verification, we may use the Personal Data that we collect to verify your identity and authenticate that submissions made on the Platform were made by you. This Service may be provided through a third-party identity verification vendor. Your photo identification document will be deleted after successful verification of your profile information.
- RESEARCH: We may share general data (including quiz and forum discussions), information about your activity on the Platform, and demographic data from surveys operated by us with our partners so that they may use the Data for research purposes relating to online education.
- PROMOTION AND ADVERTISEMENT: We may use your information for displaying third-party advertisements to make our Services available for free and cross promoting our Services.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is required and according to the purpose it is being processed for, and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights. We will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries, or concerns relating to Our relationship with you.
DATA SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We will use industry-standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures to keep your Data confidential and secure and will not share it with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice, or unless such disclosure is necessary in exceptional cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, as permitted by applicable law.
Please note that you also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your username and password, so do not share these with others. However, as the internet is not a secure medium, DSN AI Innovation Limited cannot guarantee that security breaches will never occur. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the matters, including actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach Our reasonable security procedure.
By this Policy, we do not represent or warrant the condition or functionality of Our Platform (s), its suitability for use, nor guarantee that Our Service will be free from interruption or any error. No liability or responsibility shall lie for risks associated with the use of Our Platform, including but not limited to any risk to your computer, software, or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via Our Platform or your access to it. Neither do We guarantee the reliability of the information contained on Our Platform—particularly those shared by third-party users.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- request access to your data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of your personal information. We hold about you and check that We are lawfully processing it. Please note that a data subject access request may attract an administrative fee.
- request correction of the personal data that We hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data We hold about you corrected, though We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- request erasure of your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where We may have processed your information unlawfully or where We are required to erase your data to comply with local law. Note, however, that We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- object to processing your data where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). There is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where We are processing your data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, We may demonstrate that We have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
- request the transfer of your data to you or a third party. We will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with you. Please note that this request may also attract an administrative fee;
- withdraw consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process your data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.